
John is busy making Pokemon Cards with the PuroClean logos!
I love this one.
Happy days.
Wow, has it really been a year already? Where does the time fly?
This past year has been very exciting and we expect more great things to come. Yes, the business is going well (knock on wood) and Paul may even say too well. We have been so busy the slave driver has put me to work on fire clean ups, I clean better than he does or so he says and Paul has been non-stop with water and mold. Emily has even decided next week camp is out and she will help me on the fire job, I think she really just wants cash!
As most of you know, John and Emily started school. Emily walked through the doors for the first time ever in January! They went back in due to the business but I still hope to bring them home, I miss my kids and the joy they had when learning. We placed them in St. Clare here in O’Fallon and they quickly made good friends. John has 2 BFF one is Trevor and the other Sarah. Emily has a few, it changes weekly, but her goal is to get the “grumpy” girl to be friends. She has gotten her to play a few times and I am just pleased that Em is more concerned with friends others have given up on than being cool. School went well, but I must admit it was a huge relief when summer came. I cringe that they have to go back August 12th!
John is still playing with the Belleville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra and also entered a Concerto competition this spring. He had all high school kids to compete with and was considered for the honorable mention. He also played oboe for the school band and received a I rating for Solo and Ensemble! He and Sarah have become the closest of friends and he has taken a liking to art, her fascination. He is getting better but complains that nothing is good enough.
Emily also played for the school band on her French horn and she also received a I rating at Solo and Ensemble! She did very well, and considering the ceiling fan blew her music off the stand and she just kept on playing added to the judge’s pleasure and my pride! She is playing her French horn with daddy in the BPYO summer session. Actually it is a whole family affair. Em and Paul are playing French horn, John violin and I’m on trumpet! Em has also picked up the cello, she loves her cello. She started lessons in May and her coach, Mrs. Bowman; she loves Mrs. Bowman, thinks she will be ready to play in the youth orchestra next fall! Emily is also very busy writing stories and when I can’t find her she is usually popped on the computer typing. LOL, I use the term typing loosely as she and John both need to learn how. They type like me and this drives Paul nuts! OK, not taught at school so I guess I am going to have to invest in a typing program.
Lastly, in case you have not heard, we are moving again. The business has grown to the point we need a large pole barn. Our new address is 11102 Hagemann Rd. Lebanon, IL 62254.
Have a great summer and we hope to see you all soon!
Love to you all!
Lisa xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment